Thursday, July 28, 2011

Smoothie Time!

Is it bad that I was a little sore today from laser tag? Not the i.cant.move.anymore. sore but the kind where you can definitely feel your muscles while walking.  Yeah, I need to start working out more.

Today continued the retirement festivities, so I was able to graze all day, eating potato salad, chips, and dessert.  With all of that sugar in mah belly, I decided a simple, refreshing dinner was needed.

The smoothie.
For some reason, I was always intimidated by smoothies.  Never made them, rarely eat them (unless they are from Robeks).

So, after eating empty calories all day, I decided to add some nutrition to my life.

Looking at a few recipes, I quickly learned that frozen fruit was best, as you don't have to add ice to the smoothies.

Using that knowledge, and starting with this recipe, I made the.best.thing.ever.

Even better than these or these.

Chocolate Strawberry and Pineapple Smoothie
1/4 cup of vanilla almond milk
1 frozen banana
1 cup strawberries
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1 tablespoon chocolate peanut butter

Blend all the ingredients together.  (that's it!!!)

So creamy, fruity, and with a hint of chocolate, this smoothie was to die for.  It was surprisingly filling and it tasted just like something I would have gotten from Robeks, but sooo much cheaper.  And I get to pick the flavor combinations! I recommend freezing the fruit (the only fruit I didn't freeze were the strawberries) because the smoothie didn't get too thick.  It was perfect, and I am so happy I have a little left over, so I can have this on my drive in to work tomorrow.  : )

Now that I am officially a smoothie convert, I cannot wait to see what other concoctions I can make!

2 comments:

  1. That smoothie sounds delish. Where can I get chocolate peanut butter? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Veronica!

    I just got this at a Giant (Stop and Shop for those who live in New England)--there are other flavors too, like White Chocolate! Yum!

    I keep trying to find new ways to use it!

    ReplyDelete