Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm baaackkk (with a recipe)!!!!!


Back to reality!

After two glorious weeks in Maine, one weekend in Nantucket, and countless lobsters, ice cream, and beverages, I am back in Virginia.

It was full of great times with family,
Padre and I
Patrick,
ahhhh young love ;)
And ……

Presents!!!
A diesel blender from the novio (boyfriend)!!
My birthday was a few weeks ago, and my gifts clearly reflected my interests.

To name a few: A heavy duty food processor!!!
                         And a TORCH from my seestor <---- pic to come!

Both of these items were what I have been dreaming of for years, so be prepared for lots of posts on things being chopped up and then set on fire : )

To start, one of my favorite salsa recipes!

Rachel's Salsa
4-5 roma tomatoes
1 small onion
1-2 jalapenos (1 for medium heat, 2 for a LOT of heat!)
4 garlic cloves
juice of 1 lime
handful of cilantro, roughly chopped

Roughly chop the first four items and layer in the food processor until desired consistency.  Add in cilantro and pulse until blended.  Toss with lime juice and enjoy!




Add the jalapenos you forgot to put in! (but it's okay, no one could tell the difference!) 

Secret ingredient: Pinch of salt!
Courtesy of Mama Gourmand

Scrumptious
She loves it!
yummmmm
This recipe is soooo easy and adaptable to every and any occasion!  I had about 10 hungry family members to bring this too, and it was just about demolished : )

In other news...

This vacation left little time for exercise, so off to spinning I go!
Mama Gourmand and I on one of our few runs during vaca!  
Check out my Camelbak! The rents got me it for my birthday, how awesome is that?!?!?!

Have a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment