Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth!

This weekend revolved around food.  Just not food that I cooked.

Like Friday, at Clyde's in D.C.
A sweet, tart cosmo!
Jill's husband got these Philly cheesesteak egg rolls!! He let me steal one : ) OMGSOGOOD
Shrimp and Scallop Pad Thai--I have been dreaming about this all week!

Like Sunday brunch at my friend's house--thanks, Nicole!

Frittata!
With eggs, spinach, mushrooms, garlic......
And sprinkled cheese!!!!! Holy cow : )
Or like Sunday night with Ethiopian food and dessert at a cafe.
Before
After
You use this bread, called Injera
Anddd scoop!--YUM
Delicious!!!
 Anddd on the way home, we got to hear some live music from a band called the Brass Connections. The whole crowd was dancing and singing--it was amazing!
I just realized that after a whole weekend full of fun with my friends, I have only taken pictures of the food. And not them.  You can obviously see where my head is at. Oops.

Soooo understandably, I am on food detox today. Yay for arugala and parm slices : )  I used Jill's recipe for the dressing--two cloves of garlic, S&P, lemon juice, and olive oil (it tasted just like caesar dressing!).
Happy Fourth! Enjoy your time with your family, friends, and good food!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment