Wednesday, August 10, 2011

La Dolce Vita

To celebrate the return of the embarrassingly addicting Jersey Shore, I made one of the most delicious dinners imaginable.

I know I say this a lot.

But this was so easy and tasty, that I couldn't stop eating it.  I literally used my finger to grab the rest of the sauce from the pan (Sorry, Mom).

Parmesan and Mushroom Pasta
by: ME
1 tablespoon of butter
1 cup of baby (porta)bella mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 of an onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic (for one serving!!)
about 1 cup of pasta (I put the uncooked pasta in my serving bowl before I cook it to make sure that I don't make too much--because I WILL eat it!)
Squeeze of lemon juice

Cook patsa according to the directions on the box--I used whole wheat penne.

Melt half tablespoon of butter and a drizzle of EVOO in pan.

Add minced onion, red pepper flakes, S&P, and garlic to the pan--saute for a few minutes, until garlic is browned (but not burnt!) and onions are translucent.
Add sliced mushrooms.
Add 1/4 cup of grated parm cheese and cooked pasta.
Toss together in the sauce.  Add 1/2 tablespoon of butter and stir until melted.


And devour!



Look at how the cheese and butter created a rich sauce!  

This was so delicious, from the nutty parm, the hint of freshness of the lemon juice, and the meaty mushrooms, this meal was incredibly savory and out of this  world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment